Updated by Andres Andresson
If needed to import old historical data into the database it is possible to do so manually. Data Import can also update/modify the data in the database (if incorrect data has been imported). The procedure is to create a MOD file with the time period in question and import it into the database..
MOD method can do the following
- To import archived data. If the current DAT file only contains recent data but DAT files containing data from previous years also exist then the Import Data function is used to import that data into the database.
- The data in the data base is incorrect or there are gaps in the data in data base that needs to be filled.
- Open the .dat file which contains the data to be imported. Open the file using a text editor (Notepad++ is recommended).
- Make sure that the column names are Exactly the same. If the column name is not the same then VDV will add a new column to the database table for the new column name.
- Delete all unnecessary readings and leave only lines that should be imported.
- Save the file and add MOD at the end of the file name (filename.dat -> filenameMOD.dat). Save the MOD file in the same folder as the original .dat file.
- Go to db.robot.c->Edit->Import data. Select the Site in question and select Start Import (there should be an X in the MOD dat file column to indicate that there is a MOD file available.