Table of Contents
Updated by Ólafur Haukur Pétursson
For some features in VDV it is necessary to install Scheduled Tasks to run a server side process.
Tasks to configure
This article refers to the following components. Notice that for each component the path and name of the XML import file will be unique.
- Custom Alarm
Location: /Vista Data Vision/db.web.browser/background_tasks/core/custom_alarm
File name: VDV - Custom Alarm.xml
- Data Export Task
Location: /Vista Data Vision/db.web.browser/background_tasks/core/DataExportTask
File name: VDV - Data Export Task.xml
- Data Source File Import
Location: /Vista Data Vision/db.web.browser/background_tasks/core/file_import
File name: VDV - File Import.xml
Location: /Vista Data Vision/db.web.browser/background_tasks/core/vdv_reports
File name: VDV - Reports.xml
- Task Monitor
Location: /Vista Data Vision/db.web.browser/background_tasks/core/vdv_monitorTasks
File name: VDV - MonitorTasks.xml
The following help refers to the configuration of the Data Source File Import scheduled task. When installing other tasks modify the path and XML file name according to the task being configured.
Scheduled Task Configuration
- Open Task Scheduler from the Windows Menu and select Action->Import Task
- Navigate and open each .XML file specified above.
- Select the user to run the task. Click the Change user or Group... button to select the user.
- Click OK to finish the Setup of the Task (type in Username and Password if required)
Configure PHP for Data Source File Import
- Navigate to \Vista Data Vision\db.web.browser\php7
- Open php.ini in notepad++ or another text editor
- Change line: Remove ; at the start of the line ;extension=php_ftp.dll
- Change line: Remove ; at the start of the line ;sys_temp_dir ="/tmp"
- Change temp dir path to "C:\Vista Data Vision\db.web.browser\php7\upload_temp" (If Vista Data Vision is installed under a different location then modify the path accordingly)
- Duplicate the php.ini file
- Rename the duplicated php file to php_threaded.ini
- Open php_threaded.ini
- Add extension=php_pthreads.dll after the extension=php_ftp.dll line
- Save file