Real Time Display
Setup Azure AD for VDV
Setup Single Sign-On in VDV
Single Sign-On setup checklist
Manual provider setup
Data Export Task
Users in VDV
Setting up a webcam
After install action list
Install VDV on-premise
Creating a new project
Installing scheduled tasks
Restarting the Vista Data Vision System
Exporting site and unit lists from db.robot.c
Exporting the settings from the File Converter
Muting sounds in VDV
Updating VDV with the store in offline mode
Migrate/Move Vista Data Vision to a new server
File Converter gets empty
Update header - new sensors added to the data file
Import modified or historical data
Future data imported into VDV
The VI Not Executable
Email subject contains information from the mail server
Webcam not importing pictures
How to configure Text Message Service
Run tasks minimized
Backing up VDV
How to extend VDV Timeout
System validation after PHP 8 update
Updated by Haukur Brandsson
VDV update with the store offline This is a guide for updating VDV when the store feature cannot connect to the component server
- Navigate to the store in the left-side menu.
- The store will try to contact the VDV component server. If it's unsuccessful, the store will go into offline mode. There users can create a component file or upload an installation file.
- Press the Create file button to create the component file, and a save dialog will open up.
- Send the newly created component file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There will be a reply containing a zip file. If the file is too big to send via email, information on where to download the file from will be included.
- Drag the zip file into the box on the right, or browse to the zip file location and select the zip file.
- After the file has been read, a list of components to install will appear.
- Press install; an installation progress window appears. After the updates have been installed, the page will refresh, and the progress window will disappear.
- VDV has now been updated.