Table of Contents
Updated by Andres Andresson
To Access: Setup -> Real Time Display
Create a new RTD
Click on the + icon in the top right corner to add a new Real Time Display.
Give the RTD a name, select the Owner and select a background image for the RTD.
In the General menu settings for the RTD and configured such as font-size, colors, and if Alarms should be displayed.
Popup GraphSelect how long time period is shown default on a popup graph when a value is clicked.
Latest Non-NaN ValueIf selected the NaN values will not be shown but the latest value before the NaN.
Description Type in a description about the RTD and add it. An alternative is to use a Text Indicator (Indicators -> Text) which allows more options such as HTML coding and links to external websites.
Data Groups Configurations
- Display: Alarm Status will show Green/Yellow/Red background colors in the data groups depending on the Alarm limit. If not alarm has been configured the background will be white.
- Show Data Groups as Box with Popup Information will change the data groups to a box which can be hovered to show the data group. The box will be Green/Yellow/Red depending on the Alarm status. This is great when multiple data groups are on the RTD as it clears up space.
- Show Wind Direction as Letters will change all Wind Directions from ° and display instead letters. Unit ° must be selected for the Variable.
- Data Precision will update the RTD to show desired Precision.
The rest of the Configuration is to modify the layout of the data groups. Change the background color, change font size, change border color etc.
Multiple data groups can be added to a single RTD. To add a new data group do the following (in this order)
- Click + Icon to create a new data group. Other two buttons are for Edit and Delete the data group
- Add variables to the data group. Data from different sources can be added to the data group.
- Click the Add button and click on the RTD to place the data group. Use the X and Y coordinates to fine-tune the data group position.
- Optional is to add a pointer that points to where the Station is located. Click on Add and click on the Datagroup and then where the Pointer should point to (where the Red dot is placed).
Add a layer on top of the RTD which shows the distribution of values. Example usage is Temperature distribution, Air Quality and, Water Level.
The video below shows how to use the Contour feature.
In the Indicator menu, multiple types of indicators can be added to the RTD.
Add an Alarm Table to the RTD which shows alarm status for selected variables.
Show wind direction on a compass. Possible to remove the background and show wind direction span (the wind direction for the past x minutes)
Add a graph to the RTD which can be customized with legend, different colors, size, etc.
Add an embedded or a popup graph showing a Displacement Graph. If configured as a popup graph then the maximum displacement will be shown and the depth of maximum displacement.
Add a numeric indicator to the RTD. The indicator can be customised with size and background color. This is great to highlight an important value.
Shows latest timestamp of a specific Site in VDV. If there are multiple data groups on the RTD from the same Site then they will all have the same timestamp. Good practise is to hide the timestamp in the data groups and add a single timestamp indicator to the RTD instead.
Create a custom text field to add to the RTD. This can be information about the project or contact information. Possible is to add HTML tags to customise the look.
- Add a link: <a href="http://www.vistadatavision.com/" target="_blank">VDV Homepage</a>
- Bold text: <strong>Text in bold</strong>
- Underline text: <u>Underlined text</u>
In the navigation menu it is possible to add buttons that lead to other RTDs.
This is very useful if there is an overview RTD for the project and then a detailed view for specific part of the project.
If Display Alarm is selected then the button will change to Yellow/Red if there is any variable on the linked RTD that has a Yellow/Red alarm. This is great option to quickly in the overview RTD to see if there are any alarms going on in the other RTD's.
Add Photos or Webcam to the RTD and give more information about the project. This can be installation pictures or surroundings which can give insight for other users viewing the RTD.