When updating to VDV2018 you need to configure the Internet Informational Services (IIS) to use PHP7 instead of PHP5.2:
- For VDV2018 and PHP7 to operate, the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 needs to be installed. Download and extract
- Got to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Under Default Web Site select the vdv directory and open up Handler Mappings by double clicking
- Locate and select the PHP from earlier version and click and edit
- Update the Executable field with the new path to PHP7. The new php-cgi.exe file can be located at C:\Vista Data Vision\db.web.browser\php7Note: After navigating to the php-cgi.exe location changing the File name extention from *.dll to *.exe
- Next select the Server/Computer name in the IIS connections and open up ISAPI and CGI Restrictions by double clicking on that
- Select the PHP extension and click on Edit
- Update the ISAPI or CGI path field with the new path to PHP7 exactly the same way as for Handler Mappings earlier. The new php-cgi.exe file can be located at C:\Vista Data Vision\db.web.browser\php7
- Final step is to restart the IIS. Select the Server/Computer name in the IIS connections and click on Restart
- If VDV is not installed on the C-drive
If Vista Data Vision is not installed directly under C:\ then one change must be made to the php.ini file located under /Vista Data Vision/db.web.browser/php7
Find the following line:
upload_tmp_dir = "C:\Vista Data Vision\db.web.browser\php7\upload_temp"
Change it to the path where you have installed VDV. For example if VDV is installed on the D drive you would change the line to:
upload_tmp_dir = "D:\Vista Data Vision\db.web.browser\php7\upload_temp"
- Test the Web
Note: If you want to see if PHP has been installed correctly create an info.php file and store it in \Vista Data Vision\db.web.browser\vdv_www folder. info.php file is just a text file and may be created using Notepad. The file should only contain the following php code.
Open a Web Browser and type in http://localhost/vdv/info.php. You should see an information page on PHP. If you do not see this page, check that you have performed the steps above correctly.