After updating to VDV 2016 clients have been asking about command prompt window that pops up for a second every few minutes. This task is checking if there are any active Custom Alarms and sending out Alarm emails.
When this task is created by Vista Data Vision it is not possible to configure it to run minimized but with simple instructions the user can change it after update:
- Open up Task Scheduler (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools\Task Scheduler).
- locate the task vdv - Custom Alarm
- Select the taks and in the Actions window click on properties
- Under the General tab click Hidden to run without the black box popping up every 5 minutes:
- The server/computer should ask for User name and Password. Type that in and click OK and this task should not annoy anymore.