For some features in VDV it is necessary to install Scheduled Tasks to run a server side process.
This article refers to the following components. Notice that for each component the path and name of the XML import file will be unique.
- Data Export Task
Location: /Vista Data Vision/db.web.browser/background_tasks/core/DataExportTask
File name: VDV - Data Export Task.xml
- Data Source File Import
Location: /Vista Data Vision/db.web.browser/background_tasks/core/file_import
File name: VDV - File Import.xml
Location: /Vista Data Vision/db.web.browser/background_tasks/core/vdv_reports
File name: VDV - Reports.xml
The following help refers to the configuration of the Data Source File Import scheduled task. When installing other tasks modify the path and XML file name according to the task being configured.
Scheduled Task Configuration
- Note! If Vista Data Vision is not installed under C:\Vista Data Vision\ then the Task Import file must be modified.
Open in Notepad the file VDV - File Import.xml located under \Vista Data Vision\db.web.browser\background_tasks\core\file_import\
Change the path in from C:\Vista Data Vision\ to the path where Vista Data Vision is installed in the Command and Parameter fields
Save the file
- Next open Task Scheduler from the Windows Menu and select Action->Import Task
- Navigate and open \Vista Data Vision\db.web.browser\background_tasks\core\file_import\VDV - File Import.xml
- Select the user to run the task. Click the Change user or Group... button to select the user.
- Click OK to finish the Setup of the Task (type in Username and Password if required)
The File Import Data Source has now been configured to run automatically on the server.