In Vista Data Vision you can create Contacts and group them into Contact Groups. You use these Contact Groups when configuring the Alarms and Reports. VDV will send Alarm Notification and Reports to the Contacts.
Contact Setup allows the operator to create contact groups to receive alarm messages. Each Contact may be associated with one or any number of Contact Groups. Alarms are sent as emails, or as SMS messages. Note that emails may be sent directly to the newer types of Cellular Phones as SMS.
NOTE: Only use the Contact's Cellphone number if SMS alarm messages are actually to be sent from a Cell Modem connected to the PC's COM port.
NOTE: This feature is only available in the Pro and Enterprise version of db.robot.c.
Contacts are used when sending Alarms or when sending Reports and apply to the Alarm and Report Toolkits.
To manage your contacts choose the Contact Setup command from the Edit menu.
NOTE: You may need only one contact group with a single name configured as a recipient of alarm messages. But you have the option of configuring any number of contact groups in a complex way in order to tailor-make an alarm messaging system for the most demanding situation.
Here it is possible to control every aspect off the Contact Setup.
To create a new Contact press the New Contact button.
Enter a Contact Name, Email, and Company for the Contact. The Email is the most common route for Alarm Messages. However, if a Cell Modem is actually connected to the COM port of the PC running VDV, and is actually working, then SMS may be sent directly from that Cell Modem directly to a Contact's Cellphone.
Most commonly no Cell Modem is connected to the PC running VDV and therefore there is no need to insert the Contact's Cellphone number. If Cell Modem is connected please refer to the Cell Modem Setup chapter below.
- To Edit a Contact first select the Contact to edit from the contact list, then press the Edit Contact button. Make changes to the Contact Name, Email, Cell phone or Company and press Save when done.
- To Delete a Contact first select the Contact to delete from the contact list, then press the Delete Contact button. Press the Yes button in the dialog box that appears next to confirm.
- To create a new Contact Group press the New Group button.
Enter a Contact Group Name and Description, press Save when done.
- To Edit a Contact Group first select the Contact Group to edit from the contact group list, then press the Edit Group button. Make changes to the Contact Group Name or Description and press Save when done.
- To Delete a Contact Group first select the Contact Group to edit from the contact group list, then press the Delete Group button. Press the Yes button in the dialog box that appears next to confirm. When Contacts and Contact Groups have been created we assign Contacts to Contact Groups. A Contact can be a member of more then one Contact Group.
- To assign Contacts to Contact Groups first select the Contact Group to assign Contacts to from the Contact Group list, then press the Edit Contact Group Members button.
To add a Contact to the Contact Group first select the Contact from the Contacts list, then press the >> button. To remove a Contact from the Contact Group press the << button.
For each Contact you can adjust the following:
- Active: If the contact is not active then he will not receive any alarm messages.
- Notification: The contact can receive his alarm messages as an email, SMS or both.
- Shift: You can choose which shifts the contact should be assigned to. A contact can be assigned a single shift or all shifts.
Also for the Contact Group the following can be configured:
Confirmation message when shift starts and ends: You can send a message to each contact when his shift starts and ends, keeping him informed about his shift status.
To send a customized message press the Shift Starts Text button to enter a new text to be sent out to members of this Contact Group when their shift starts, press the Shift Ends Text button to enter a new text to be sent out to members of this Contact Group when their shift ends.
Reminder message: You can send a reminder message once a day at a specific hour to those contacts that are on the active shift, both as a reminder to those contacts and also as a way to make sure the monitoring system is functioning.
To change the hour of the reminder message, select a new value from the drop down list.
To send a customized message press the Reminder Text button to enter a new text to be sent out
To edit the Shift setup for the selected Contact Group, press the Edit Contact Group Shifts button.
Each Contact Group can have 4 different Shifts if needed. By default a Contact Group only has a single shift called Week. The Week shift is a shift covering the entire week. When creating new shifts it is important to remember that the shifts have to cover the entire week. For example to change the Shift setup and have two shifts, one covering the weekdays and the other covering the weekend we would need to make Shift 2 active by pressing the Active check box associated with Shift 2. Next we make Saturday and Sunday active and change the To hour to 24. Finally we make Saturday and Sunday inactive for Shift 1.